A product with stellar weight savings, the Astralite weighs in at just above a pound. When no gram can go unaccounted for, the straps can be removed. This quilt is designed to be used with an insulated sleeping pad. If you sleeping pad is uninsulated or poorly insulated these products will sleep much colder than intended. Make sure to check the R value of your pad to ensure it is adequate for 3 season use. Other features include a sewn through footbox and an insulated draft yoke with elastic closure for maximum heat retention.Because the AstraLite is hoodless, it is important to pack adequate head insulation. AstraLite users should consider bringing a hooded puffy along if temperatures are likely to dip below freezing.
The AstraLite comes in two lengths; the Astralite 6 ft 4 in Baffled Top Quilt Sleeping Bag is designed for people between 6 foot and 6 foot 6 inches tall.
- Flat elastic pad straps for pad attachment and quilt closure
- 850+ fill power down
- Insulated Draft yoke
- Sewn-through foot box
- Manufactured in the USA
- Temperature Rating: 26 °F
- Zipper Location: No Zipper
- Length: 5 ft 8 in
- Shoulder Circumference: up to 68 in
- Hip Circumference: up to 68 in
- Foot Circumference: up to 38 in
- Sleeping Bag Shape: Top Quilt (Baffled)
- Insulation: 10.5 oz 850+ fill down
- Loft: 4.5 in
- Stuffed Volume: 6 x 10 inches
- Weight: 17.1 oz
- Outer Shell: High density nylon ripstop (12 denier)
- Lining: Nylon taffeta (10 denier)
Western Mountaineering believes in and has been using ethical down for decades. The farm is highly ethical; the geese are raised to old age for their eggs, get to roam the grounds during the day and nest in a specialized insulated barn. During nesting the mature mother geese molt their down in order to insulate their nest. This down is collected while the geese are out feeding during the day. Because their down comes from large mature mother geese it is unparalleled in loft power AND the most ethical it could be!