Offering reliable, instant warmth and working hard to regulate temperature when output increases, the Xenair Alpine is an adaptable synthetic insulated hoody, perfect for alpine adventures on foot or skis. Built with a lightweight Pertex® Quantum Air outer the jacket is highly breathable and weather resistant. It is insulated with two densities of recycled PrimaLoft® Gold Active+ insulation, strategically body mapped to provide warmth where you need it and breathability in high heat areas. This effectively regulates temperature when the incline steepens or the temperature drops, maintaining warmth when static and increasing airflow on the move.
In addition to packability and warmth, the Xenair Alpine boasts a full alpine feature set. It has an insulated, helmet-compatible hood with a semi-elasticated face opening and rear adjustment. Sleeves are articulated for mobility with elasticated gussets at the cuff for a seamless fit with gloves. The Xenair Alpine jacket has a two-way YKK® VISLON® front zip which allows for easy belaying, with an insulated zip baffle and a comfortable chin guard.
Negating the need to change layers and providing warmth when you need it most, the Xenair Alpine is an intelligent, hardworking layer ideal for fast and light alpinism, mountaineering and climbing in winter conditions.
- Body mapped insulation to maintain warmth and aid thermoregulation
- Helmet compatible hood with a semi-elasticated opening and a single lightweight rear hood adjustment
- Elasticated gusset at the cuff for optimum fit when wearing gloves
- Articulated sleeves for mobility. Adjustable hem
- 2 YKK® concealed zipped hand pockets; one doubles as a stuff sack
- 2 way YKK® VISLON® front zip with insulated zip baffle and chin guard
- YKK® concealed zip chest pocket
- Weight: 15.8 oz (Size M)
- Fit: Regular
- Centre back length (Size M): 75cm/29.5inch
- Outer Fabric – Lightweight, breathable 20D Pertex® Quantum Air fabric (47gsm) (1cfm)
- Lining – 20D recycled Atmos ripstop (41gsm)
- PrimaLoft® Gold Active+ synthetic insulation. 55% recycled (100/80gsm)
Pertex® Quantum Air is engineered with increased air permeability to provide a balance between wind resistance and breathability. The more openly woven structure of Quantum Air fabrics allows airflow through the fabric, which helps to regulate your body heat and keep you comfortable for longer. This balance of air permeability and wind resistance means Pertex® Quantum Air fabrics are perfectly suited to intense mountain pursuits.
Think of your body like a mountain landscape. Different zones have varying temperatures. Moisture accumulates in specific locations. The weather impacts exposed areas more harshly. When Rab maps fabric or insulation to different areas of a garment, it’s like considering the different environments on a mountain. Rab designers choose specific fabrics or insulation weights to deal with the precise conditions at that location on the body. The result is a garment that responds effectively to body activity. Making it more efficient and comfortable to wear, specific to function and environment.